Monday, October 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...October 5, 2009

Outside my Window...A very cold sunny morning, very, very fallish and pretty!!

I am Thankful for...Finally Gunnar has been released from the hospital and is getting better!! His tummy is still upset and he doesn't have a very big appetite yet but he's on the mend!! Cinnamon is very happy!!!

I am remembering...the great evening I had with my best friend-my husband-this weekend

I am Creating...Big pillows for our couch

I am going...grocery shopping this afternoon - praying over my list before I go!!!

I am Reading...Hebrews and a very funny novel by P.G. Wodehouse. A great 1920's author - one of my favorites!!

I am Hoping...that there are lots of sales at the grocery store!!!

On my mind...my worry wart mind is bugging me this morning - so the things on my mind are are worry wartish and not Godly - so I'm not writing them down!! :0)

From the learning rooms...continuing to review the Early American History - then we'll move on to the the Civil War. Getting started on Science for the year this week too.

Noticing that...my twelve year old daughter is having lots of mood swings lately - growing up!!!

Pondering these words..."Be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13: 5

From the kitchen...the menus are planned for the whole month!!! This morning - coffee cake and scrambled eggs, dinner - kielbasa and cabbage.

Around the house...general tidying, cleaning the kitchen, sometime this week I want to go through my buffet cupboards and clean them out and re-organize - things are getting messy in there!

One of my favorite things...the smell of applesauce cooking!! I made applesauce and canned it on Saturday - yummy!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...just a regular week - nothing out of the ordinary - I love regular weeks!!!

A Picture to share...it's apple season around here!!!

Have a wonderful Monday!!
For more Simple Woman inspiration go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I enjoyed this post. WOW a whole month's menu's planned out?? I am impressed..I'm lucky to do a day at a time, haha

BECKY said...

Hi Christine!! Could you send some of that weather down here to not-so-sunny-or-cold today Florida?? I have been battling the grumpies today and you the worries! What a pair we are!! :o)

I'm thinking: "Consider it all joy"!! :o)

Would love to come make some applesauce with ya! Mmm mmm good!!

Hope your week is wonderful!! I spent a little time this morning going over Daniel's visions and the beasts and stuff. The Bible is so amazing! It's like you can see everything falling into place!
So very exciting yet weird!! Come quickly, Lord!!

Love ya,
Becky

BECKY said...

Oh Yeah!! I am SOOO delighted to hear about Gunnar!! Thank You Lord!! Thanks for letting us know!

LOVEEEE
Becky