Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Taste of Summer

One of my favorite things of summer is fresh tomatoes, although I will confess this year my garden has produced very few tomatoes (the tomatoes in the picture are store-bought, the basil is from my veggie patch). I have beem making a very yummy salad this summer that's super easy - easy is very important in my home right now :0)!!

Fresh tomatoes and basil
Chop up tomatoes
Stack and roll up basil leaves - then cut with scissors
Add several handfuls of mozarella cheese, a splash of olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper - stir and Yum you are done!!!:0)
Summer salads are the best!!

2 comments:

Simply Stork said...

oh tomatoes and basil...I have never had any luck with basil in my patch...ok let's face it...it is more like a small pot and not a garden patch :o- I envy those of you who can grow it...

that salad looks so yummy....now I am craving bechutta (sp)

~simply~

Unknown said...

I have never made this but it looks very good! Summer will be missed but I am glad we have a nice week ahead!