Monday, September 22, 2008

Something pretty...

My mother-in-law gave me a cutting of a houseplant that I thought was really pretty a few years ago (5 to be exact). It didn't do very well for quite a while in my home - it took me a while to find the conditions that made it really happy. I guess I finally found the place and the watering schedule that made it thrive - look what it did!!! It bloomed the prettiest flower! And it smells really good too!!! I think it's really happy now because it has a second bud. You can bet I'm not moving this plant - any furniture moving or Christmas tree placement has to go around it :0)!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This kind of flower is so pretty. I don't know what kind it is but it looks so delicate. I am looking forward to Thursday! It was only just today that my youngest took a turn for the better. She is finally smiling and not throwing up. She threw up for 4 plus days. She has not had a meal yet but did get to some crackers today. She is very worn out! I had better get to bed..Iam a tired mom this week.

Simply Stork said...

what beautiful flowers on that lovely plant...and I agree with ross-e they do look delicate. We have a plant outside our back door that has delicate little flowers on it and they smell so good as you pass by them...we finally figured out that they are really supposed to be a shrub??? we have them climbing a trelace...funny...we did cut it back but we decided to leave it as a trelace climber.