Monday, September 15, 2008

The Fruit Stand

We went to the fruit stand this weekend. I know that may sound like a strange outing but it is sorta like Disneyland to my kids!! Seriously!! I think that they would like it if they got left behind there!! They love looking at all the fruits and veggies and they beg like kids at a candy store for all the goodies. (Have you ever heard a kid say "PLEASE MOMMY, BUY SOME BEETS!!!!") I confess that the fruit stand is one of my favorite places as well. I love the smells and the colors and the atmosphere. I also feel so good about getting things that are so healthy and tasty. Our stand publishes a newsletter that has great recipes that I look forward to every month. It is a sad day at the end of October when our stand closes for the winter and I count the days until March arrives and it opens again. Until then I will be enjoying all the unusual squashes and cabbages and BEETS that we will have from our local fruit stand.


2 comments:

Simply Stork said...

ohhh I hear ya...I'm not sure who has more fun when we go to the fruit stand...my kids or my husband (lol)

~simply~

dayz in and dayz out... said...

Love the honey bear! The colors are bright and the fruit is beautiful!
It was great to see you in person. Thanks for taking a moment to chat on such a busy day for us all. I look forward to just sitting and talking...deeply...in jsut a few weeks. Over school work, children, and coffee.
dayz