Thursday, September 25, 2008

Autumn Dinner

With the change of seasons I crave different foods - I suppose we all do!! With the cool and damp weather returning to our Pacific Northwest area it seems time for those yummy soups and stews that I love to make. Earlier this week I got out the soup pot and began my Autumn menus. Comfort food!! Makes everyone want to come to the table and be together. It's one of my favorite times of the day - looking across the table at my growing family - eating and talking and sharing their day with each other. I am overwhelmed with the goodness of God at those moments - and it is why I love to cook so much!!!!

Yummy, thick lentil soup seasoned with creole seasoning (not too hot for the little ones) and corn bread with butter and huckleberry honey.
Cinnamon bread pudding with nectarines topped with warm vanilla sauce (made with the leftover homemade bread from the other day)


2 comments:

Simply Stork said...

wow! this looks so yummy :o)

One of my favorite meals ever...I used to go to my grandmothers and she used to make it for me...she knew how much I love beans and cornbread!

This post reminds me of her :o)

~simply~

Unknown said...

Ok Now I am hungry! I love bread pudding. My whole family loves beans and corn bread. Your lentil soup looks so yummy. We had homemade chicken soup tonight. I cooked it in the crocpot while at the center today. Then I was blessed by a loaf of homemade bread from simply's sister, she sent it with simply today along with some yeast and baking powder for me.. What wonderful timing! It all made a good dinner. And now I can make some more bread or biscuits this weekend.