Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman

Add Image FOR TODAY January 12, 2009...

Outside my window... gray skies, drizzle, the bare brown branches of my little maple

I am thinking...about my menus for the week

I am thankful for...my husband and his hard work - two jobs so I can stay home with the kids

From the learning rooms...starting our unit on the War of 1812 and amphibians

From the kitchen... homemade vanilla yogurt culturing - 4 quarts this time since we ran out last week

I am wearing...soft corduroys and soft green sweater, beat-up slippers (I think there's a hole in the toe - one feels funny)

I am creating...just working on my blanket

I am going...to Costco with my hubby for a date - and the fill up the pantry

I am reading...Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith - really cute book - a relaxing read

I am hoping...to get back to exercising this week

I am hearing...A Mr. Monk dvd playing in the living room - my son gave me a series for Christmas. It's a fun show.

Around the house...Still working on that laundry pile - I'm thinking that I need to get some new houseplants - maybe a flowering violet to cheer up the place on these gray days

One of my favorite things...Squealing babies!!! Esther has discovered her voice!

A few plans for the rest of the week...the big guys have a snow retreat with church this weekend - I'm sure that will involve several errands with me as the taxi driver.

Here is picture thought I am sharing: Sam wasn't to sure about the lavender smell when we picked from this field this summer - but I can say I sure enjoy the scent now in my room from my dried flowers. :0)
For more Simple Woman Daybook entries you can go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Christine





No comments: