Monday, August 18, 2008

Imagination

This weekend I noticed my youngest son busy playing with the same four things. He was very busy and he was very careful not to lose these four items. I could tell he was deeply involved in his play. He even asked me to play with him and his four toys. He took them to bed with him and carried them in the car with him and has generally held on to them for the last three days. He asked me to take a picture of his treasures so I did.

A boy's special treasures.
Playing the drums.
More imagination play. (He said he was sharpening a knife like Daddy in the kitchen)
My children have plenty of man-made toys but God-made toys (sticks etc.) always seem to capture their minds more. These sticks were many different things all weekend (at one point I had to talk into one as it was a telephone for a while). I love to watch my children use their imaginations - I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to share this growing time with them!!

No comments: