Monday, September 21, 2009

FOR TODAY...September 21, 2009

Outside my window...The sun just beginning to warm the sky - peeping through the leaves. We are getting less and less direct sunlight in our yard as the angle of the sun changes. It will be warm today - very unusual for this time of year.

I am thankful for...My husband's cheerful spirit this morning after doing a very late night shift at the hospital.

I am remembering...the wonderful time I had (almost) alone with my hubby on Friday night - the great conversation we had - such a blessing!!

I am creating...Still working on Christmas gifts also some Fall decorations

I am going...to be meeting with my consulting teacher with the local school district to present my plans for the school year for my children. She is a wonderful teacher and very pro-homeschooling. She has done this for years and (so far) has never questioned our plans - such a blessing.

I am reading...my Utmost for His Highest and still that silly novel from my book room - it's old and the cover is torn off but I love it and it puts me to sleep at night.

I am hoping...that Essie starts eating more solid food soon. She still nurses a lot but as far as eating she is so distracted with everything she does not eat much.

On my mind...Way, way too much. Mostly stuff I really shouldn't be worrying about right now - borrowing trouble you might say. I'm trying to get my mind back on track with what is at hand for today - this always happens when I am very sleep deprived - which happens when hubby gets these night time shifts!!

From the learning rooms...regular school day - Bible, math, writing, penmanship, reading and grammar in the morning and after lunch history and science

Noticing that...the sunshine is slow to get up in the mornings - and he's lower in the sky - first day of Fall tomorrow!!

Pondering these words..."Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass" (Psalm 37:5) powerful words and good ones for my fretful heart this morning!!!

From the kitchen...Swiss chicken tonight (not one of hubby's favorites and since he's working at the hospital again tonight he won't be home for dinner) spaghetti for later in the week

Around the house...Tidy up after a weekend of teenagers lolling around my house - they aren't slobs - they just - you know - mess things up - like giant puppies or something!!

One of my favorite things...a full pantry - it helps me to think about meals and makes me feel like I am doing good "Mom" work

A few plans for the rest of the week...get ready for guests at the end of this week - more to come about that :0), ticking things off my mental list of things that need to get done for winter's arrival - some closets and drawers still need attention and my yard needs to be put to bed. It a big list so if I can get to a couple it will be good!!

A picture to share...This little girl is on the move!! She pushed herself up to stand this weekend - in the middle of the floor - all by herself!! She'll be walking soon!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

For more Simple Woman inspiration go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I think fall has arrived in Oklahoma, we had a huge thunderstorm last night, watching for tornados', but this morning we had a 40 degree drop in temp. from yesterday afternoon. Happy Fall. I have bulbs that need planting, but i can't do it...Maybe it won't freeze before i get well.
Blessings
Kimberly