Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scavenger Hunt - Day Two

To ward off the winter blah's I'm participating in a scavenger hunt. Today we were to:

1. Find some pennies
2. Find something that gives me joy
3. Find some buttons

So here goes:

My penny jar in my pantry - it holds up my cookbooks. Where do all these pennies come from? Well, I'll show you:
I don't know why but every time I sweep my floor I end up sweeping up pennies. I don't know where they come from - maybe they have babies - but there they are without fail in my dust pan. So I pick them up and put them in the jar. One day I'm going to cash them in and get a pedicure!!
Something that brings me great joy is gardening - especially my veggie garden. Since I have a fairly serious case of the winter blahs and it made me so happy to look at pictures of last year's garden I'm putting up three pictures:

My lettuce patch:
Yummy French Fillet and Romano bush beans
My pole beans haven't done their climbing yet - but my pumpkins, squash and peas have gone crazy!! I can't wait to get into the dirt this year. I'm making some changes that I hope will boost production. I'm busy reading all my garden books and catalogs. Bring on the sunshine!!!
Here are a few of my buttons awaiting a completed something to put them on. I haven't done much sewing lately. Wiggly babies and gardening trump sewing any day (at least that's my mood for the moment :0)

So there's my scavenger hunt for today. My friend Simply Stork has more and she is a way better photographer than I am so she has really cool pictures!!



1 comment:

Simply Stork said...

Does everyone have a penny jar??? I think so :o)

When I was growing up my dad used to always say...waste not want not...I have not been able to throw away a penny since...I have been tempted...fishing them out of the dirt pile is not my idea of a good time...but waste not want not :o)

I love your garden...how cool...

we've had such nice sunny days the last couple of days...ahhhh so nice.

~simply~