Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Food Labels

I just read an article about food labels and how misleading they are. How food companies disguise things like sugar, salt and other things on their labels in order to make you feel better about buying their product. How they make health claims that are really quite untrue to make you feel that you are doing a good thing for your body when you eat their stuff.

All the information was really very interesting and reconfirmed my idea that homemade is best. I know exactly what I am feeding my family when I make things from scratch. Now, I am not anti-sugar, salt or anything, really, but I like to know how much of the stuff I am feeding my family. More importantly I am happy making homemade because I know what chemicals and man made products are NOT going into my family's food!!! I believe God-made food is best!!

So to that end, it was homemade chicken-veggie soup and homemade garlic herb baguette for dinner. Soothing for healing tummies too (we are on the mend!!).

Mmmmm:
Unfortunately it is impossible to stay on my diet when this homemade stuff is around!!!
Any yummy homemade recipes out there that you'd like to share?
Blessings,
~Christine

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Your dinner looks delicious. Care to share the recipe for the soup and bread? Let's remember to make that when I visit in the spring :-) Lord willing~

Everyone else feeling better too?

~hugs~ Cinnamon

Amy said...

I agree with Cinnamon, the soup and bread look yummy!! I'd love to hear the recipe too.

Thought we were all better and then we had another one throwing up last night and a different who had already done all this woke up with 102.3 degree fever. There seems to be 2 different viruses going on around here. The baby is the only one who has had both at the same time.

Glad ya'll are all feeling better!!