Monday, November 30, 2009

Last Monday in November

For Today...November 30, 2009

Outside my Window...Dark grey skies, my little maple tree has only a couple of curled up leaves left - there are drops of water lining the twigs - very pretty.

I am Thankful for...my third born son who turns 16 tomorrow. I just can't believe sixteen years have gone by so fast.

I am remembering...the night Matthew was born - when I first laid eyes on my handsome boy - he looks so much like his Daddy!!! Remembering feeling overwhelmed at the idea of being the mother of three little ones - and low and behold, I am now the Mommy of eight!!! God does increase strength!!

I am creating...Christmas gifts (I've been saying that for a while :0)!!) I am so happy with how things are turning out. I promise to show pictures but it has to be after Christmas - too many people hang over my shoulder while on the computer - ;)

I am going...to the grocery store nearby that sells bulk foods to get my peanuts for homemade peanut brittle - my gift to our friends and neighbors this year.

I am reading...Furious Pursuit a book about why God will never leave you - very good so far!!!!

I am hoping...my new glasses come soon!! I really need them with all this handwork I'm doing!!!

On my mind...my Christmas menu - just thinking what might delicious and not too much drama for the cook :0)!!

From the learning rooms...several science experiments this week - need to get my stuff gathered!!

I am noticing...that as I sit here the sky is starting to lighten - the clouds are thinning - could we see some sunshine soon? My eyes would not know what to make of it if the sun did indeed appear!!!

I am pondering...the words of my pastor yesterday - about replacing our picture of our life with God's picture for us.

From the kitchen...working on leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner still - then I'm thinking a hearty beef stew is in order for later this week. Matt has ordered up Teriyaki Salmon for his birthday dinner tomorrow - I hope salmon is on sale!!!

Around the house...already tidied up and started laundry for today - I hope to put away Harvest decorations and begin Christmas decorations this week.

One of my favorite things...making gifts for people I love. I love to think about them and pray for them as I work on a special gift!

A few plans for the rest of the week....just a week to be as normal as possible after a long weekend of celebrating - resting up for the several weeks of building excitement for the big celebration of Christ's Birth!!!!

A picture to Share...Essie enjoying the second best thing to do with olives on Thanksgiving Day (the first would be eating them - of course!!!!)
For more Simple Woman inspiration go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed Monday!!!

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Friend, I sure have missed you! I LOVE the idea of praying for the person you are making the gift for!!! It's just like you to do something like that! I will do it now, too!!

You sure know how to delight my heart! I hope you get some sun soon! I feel a little under the weather so I am going to sit out in the sun for a bit tomorrow to see if that helps. It feels like a head cold or sinus issue...not sure.

Take care gal, and know how much I enjoy your bloggy friendship!! :o)

Love and hugs,
Becky

Kimberly said...

Hope you all enjoy your sons birthday celebration, Christians' birthday was yesterday, and he has hit the(@###@##$terriffic 4's)...

Have a blessed week, sounds very busy, and very similar to mine...at least Christian only asked for meatballs,and chip and dip, and chocolate batman cake...good for mommy

Carrie of Farming On Faith said...

Am I close to that Bulk store? I went Grocery shopping and your groceries are so much higher here than in the midwest. I want to do some baking!
Hope you are soaking up the rays today!