Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now

Up here in the Pacific Northwest sunshine is a rare treasure! And we have seen the jewel hanging in the sky for the last two days!! Once my eyes adjusted to the brightness I began to see that my Fall window washing chore was badly needed!! That sun pouring in the windows was showing up all kinds of nasty stuff - dust, fly spots and I think - gasp! - even maybe - food (don't read that part Mom!!). So today I got busy and washed all those windows clean (there are eleven of them!!). And Wow!! what a difference it made in light coming in!!

I got to wondering what kinds of icky spots show up when the light of Jesus shines on me and what a difference it makes when I am willing to let Him get busy and clean them up!!!

Also today I got another kind of vision boost. On most days I feel pretty young - chasing around an excessively active one year old. It's easy for me to forget that my oldest is nearly 20 years old!!! But, alas, there are parts of my body that are very willing to let me know they are not as young as they used to be. My eyes are one of those parts. So today I got glasses - progressives. I am told I will get used to them. Right now as long as I am sitting still they seem to work. When I start moving around - as I am wont to do - caring for that one year old - wowie - the ground seems to move too!! So today I can now see clearly - according to the eye doctor!!
Hope your day is sunshiney bright too!!!

5 comments:

The Cole Family said...

Your family sounds so much like ours! Our kids are 19 down to 4 and I am expecting #9. I am 42 (almost 43) and Bob is 43. How old are you guys? I was laughing about your glasses! That is me too! I still can't believe we aren't in our 20's anymore!

I like reading your blog.

Blessings,
Cindy

Cinnamon said...

You are too funny!! Esther is keeping you on your toes eh? Lately, Granton just wants certain people to hold him. Me being one of them :-) Keep chasing Christine and we'll bring Granton over to give you a break now and then :-)

~Cinnamon

Kimberly said...

I cleaned my kitchen windows mon. and there are times i desperately miss my mother-in-law...the lady that cleaned for fun...she and Grandpa would come over and spend the afternoon washing all my windows, and i loved it...

I was 3 weeks behind in my ironing, and just really missed her helping me with all these mundane household chores. I was wiping down walls before setting up my Christmas decorations and realised they have been gone over 10 years...how does that happen?

You are such a blessing to me Christine...it is so special to "know" someone whos' days and life has the same rhythm as mine...I often feel quite alone and the odd mommy out in this world of 2.5 children...I am praying for God to bless you and your family in a special way this Advent season...
kimberly

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Christine,
I hope your Christmas was filled with delight, my friend! I have missed our visits! Ours was good, just happened too fast!

Have a lovely week, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love and HUGS,
Becky

BECKY said...

Hello Sweet Friend! Oh how I miss you! It has been long enough now...it's time for you to come back!! :o)

Happy New Year to you and yours, Christine! Hope it is full of love, joy, peace, hope and some great adventures, too!!

Love and big squishy hugs!!
Becky