Monday, February 23, 2009

Daybook Time

FOR TODAY February 23, 2009...

Outside my window... Sunshine on the raindrops leftover from last night's heavy rain. Very pretty. The weather has been so Spring-like the last few days - I'm starting to think it really has arrived!!!

I am thinking...Esther may be cutting some teeth. She's slept well only one night the last week. I'm getting pretty tired (and a bit cranky - I must confess).

I am thankful for...my husband's job. It's been really demanding lately. I have tended to want to complain when his job gets like that because it takes him away from us so much even when he's here (so much of his mind is still there). But now I'm grateful because God gave him this job and it's supplied our needs for so long. The job also gives my husband the challenges he thrives on. So I'm thankful for God's provision through Wayne's job.

From the learning rooms...Getting started again after mid-winter break. We'll be catching up on our time-lines and writing a newspaper about the Westward movement. We got a new math game we're going to play this week.

From the kitchen...Pinto beans are simmering on the stove to make refried beans. I'm putting together a couple of enchilada casseroles. One for dinner and one for the freezer.

I am wearing...a pink and white top and grey skirt - my second favorite slippers - I can't find my favs.

I am creating...Still working on that doily - I finished my kitchen curtains - they turned out pretty cute.

I am going...To tidy my room so I can find my favorite slippers and so I can really relax when I go to bed and read tonight.

I am reading...The same mystery book as I was last week. It's really silly. I'm also reading II Corinthians.

I am hoping...My hubby's back doesn't hurt him to much today. He has a back that gives him pain much of the time and it's been really bothering him the last few days. I am also hoping he'll seek some help for it. I just hate seeing him so uncomfortable.

I am hearing...the kids playing in the living room before we start school.

Around the house...Tidying up. After my week of working on the kitchen the rest of the house got somewhat neglected - time to catch back up.

One of my favorite things...A good night of sleep. Can you tell I'm craving a couple of good nights of sleep (in a row!!) Another favorite thing is a good cup of coffee on those slow moving mornings!! :0) (I do drink decaf in case it affects the baby - but it still tastes so good on those mornings)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Just a regular week - back to the regular chaos that is always happening - instead of the different kind that happens on school breaks :0)

Here is picture thought I am sharing... This is to remind me to be a light to the world today - God wants me to be that everyday to my children and others around me - so I'm praying that He will give me the grace and energy to be that for Him today.

For more Simple Woman Daybook entries you can go to: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

I would love to know how you make your refried beans!

Anonymous said...

I have the same candle holder! I agree - nothing like a good night's sleep and a cuppa joe! :)

BECKY said...

Lovely daybook entries! I would like your enchilada casserole recipe!! We love Mexi dishes!!

Love your photo and verse. What a perfect reminder of our purpose here.

Blessings,
Becky

Cinnamon said...

I am thinking Granton is teething too. He's been extra fussy. But he isn't acting too much differently than he has for months other than he's crankier? Praying our little babes will get tired of being up and go to sleep :-)

~Cinnamon