Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthdays!!!

Oh dear, I have been busy, busy, busy!!! I can't wait to share what I've been working on but first I have some belated birthdays to blog about!! Well, we celebrated the birthdays on time but I didn't share about them on time :0)!!

Both birthdays are my August babies. The first birthday of the month was sweet baby Esther's, who is really not much of a baby any more. This sweet pea turned two near the beginning of August!!! In the last year she's turned from a little crawling bundle into a walking, talking independent toddler (although my heart is so happy that my tiny girl is still nursing - I'm not quite ready to let that go and neither is she!!) I'm so happy God placed her into our home - she is such a sweet blessing - and I know God has her path is laid out to bring Him glory!! My sweet little funny face!!
Happy birthday sweetheart - Mommy and Daddy love you soooo much!!!
Our second August birthday was Samuel's. He turned 11 years old - I just can't believe how time is going so fast!!! It's crazy to know that my gentle, kind little man is 11. I just know God has big plans for Sam. He is such a kindhearted, gentle and loving boy!!
He got the pleasure of celebrating his birthday while we were visiting Fort Stevens and the ultimate boy dream of being the powder boy for the Civil War cannon shooting event at the fort on his big day - a birthday I'm sure he will always remember!!!
Waiting for his turn to walk forward with the gunpower (which was real!!)
Doing his very important job!
He had to approach the cannon crew backwards just in case he got shot - the bullet wouldn't hit the gunpowder he was carrying and blow up the whole crew - he'd just take the bullet in the back instead (a comforting thought for all the mothers of powder boys during the Civil War - ugh!!) Anyway - since this was not the real thing this Mama was thrilled he could do this!!
Happy Birthday Sam!! Mom and Daddy love you so much and are so proud of you!! We are sure God is going to use you for His good works!!
So now we are in September and the month is just flying by already!!! I have been so very, very busy!! I can't wait to share what we've been up to!
Blessings,
Christine

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Happy Birthday Sam and Esther!!

What an awesome fun day for Sam to have! You are right, he ~will~ remember this birthday for a long time :-)

And sweet Esther~ Oh she's changed so much. I love her hair....so pretty~

Thanks for sharing~Cinnamon