Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pretend Monday

I haven't done a Daybook in a long time - Thought it was time to start again :0) Even though it's not Monday is sure feels like one around here so we're pretending it is - then we'll be pleasantly surprised when Friday rolls around sooner than expected!!

For Today...June 1, 2010

Outside my Window...My little maple tree is in full summer leaf and it's sooo pretty. The skies are dark with heavy rain clouds - we're having another January storm - here on the first day of June - crazy I tell you!!!!

I am Thankful for...our military men and women who are serving and have served to keep this country free!!!

I am Remembering...the short but lovely visit I had with my parents last week when they came for my niece's graduation.

I am Creating...a very pretty mobius style scarf with the yarn my son gave me for Mother's Day (he gave me a gift certificate to a local yarn store) Still making wintery things since the weather seems so wintery still :0)

I am Going...to finish up formal school with the kids this week (I hope!!!)

I am reading...the Psalms

I am Hoping...the weather clears up soon!!! We are just itching to spend more time outside - we have been dodging rain squalls to get out now!!!

On my mind...All the things I need to do for Dan's graduation

From the Learning Rooms...finishing up the Civil War and we just finished our science book today - yahoo!!!

I am Noticing...That my chicken's voices have changed - they no longer peep - they cluck!! I'm expecting eggs sometime in July.

From the Kitchen...I am in the worst menu slump!! I need help thinking up meals - if anyone has good ideas - I'm open!!!

Around the House...just general cleanup - the bathrooms need my attention and I need to do some decluttering.

One of my favorite things...loooonnnnggg spring evenings when the kids go out to play after dinner and hubby and I walk around the yard together and visit - ohhh we need this rain to stop!!!

A few plans for the rest of the Week...get end of year paperwork done for the school district (so they know I'm a responsible homeschool mom :0)!!)

A picture to Share...Es playing in the sand a few weeks ago - she LOVES sand play - we're going to come up with a sandbox for her - she'll sit for hours playing in it!

For more Simple Woman inspiration go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: