Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Learning to Sing

No, I am not taking voice lessons - although if you were to stand next to me at church during worship you might think it was a good idea :0)!!! I was reading My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers the other day and this captured my heart:

"Neither will I in any wise forsake thee." Sometimes it is not difficulty that makes me think God will forsake me, but drudgery. There is no Hill Difficulty to climb, no vision given, nothing wonderful or beautiful, just the commonplace day in and day out - can I hear God's say-so in these things?
We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing, that He is preparing and fitting us for some extraordinary thing by and bye, but as we go on in grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, in the present minute. If we have God's say-so behind us, the most amazing strength comes, and we learn to sing in the ordinary days and ways.

Wow!! When I am sweeping the floor for the third time today, cleaning bathrooms, making lunch, correcting spelling papers, changing diapers, giving history lessons, doing laundry and all the other ordinary things I do God is glorifying Himself. I don't have to have a dramatic testimony or an amazing story!!

I have been thinking about this devotional so much lately - I am "learning to sing in the ordinary days and ways"!!

By the way, if you own this book and want to read the whole devotional it is the June 4th page (yes, I always read these out of order - don't know why - I just do :0)!!!)


Blessings,
Christine

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

What a wonderful reminder of living everyday with JOY and laughter and service to Jesus~

Love that cutie pie sitting outside~
~Cinnamon